Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sent to Angeltie Päivi: Again an Augmented & Ameliorated card - September 2012



Today, I finally made and sent out again an A&A-card, an Augmented & Ameliorated card. It went to Angeltie Päivi in Finland! 
Some people may consider that I committed a sacrilege with my A&A- actions on this card... 

The card represents indeed a very old ART object: "The Swinging Woman" from the 15th c. B.C., displayed in the Museum of Herakleion (Crete), is a clay model from Hagia Triada, the archaeological site of an ancient Minoan settlement. Yet, in my view, the little sculpture needed at least repair, given that, somewhere during these last 35 centuries, the woman lost her head, perhaps in swinging too enthusiastically! I am afraid, however, that archaeologists may consider indecent the Mickey Mouse head I gave her.


No comments:

Post a Comment